Monday, January 18, 2010

Entry #13, Goodbye Guatemala, You will be missed!

Delta Flight 692, 1/17/2010

Here I sit on Flight Delta 692, departing from Guatemala City to Atlanta, Georgia. As I write these last remarks about my journey in Guatemala, I still can’t fathom that I’ll wake up tomorrow morning and Guatemala will seem like a distant dream. As the plane sliced through the clouds, it almost felt as if we were leaving some magical place, a place that I must admit has changed me somehow.

I leave Guatemala with a clear conscience about what my purpose is in this world. This is a tall claim, but I am much more at ease and peace of mind. My heart tells me that I will reunite with Guatemala in the future because I owe a lot to this place. I can make some lofty statement about my feelings towards this place, but I think the following suffices: Goodbye Guatemala, you will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment